[mythtv-users] Re: FX5200 for Mythtv?

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Mon Nov 17 10:54:04 EST 2003

> Um, that's because the driver is tied to the kernel version. You build
> a kernel module for your kernel, and if you change your kernel, you no
> longer have a kernel module for your kernel. Simply recompile the
> nVidia driver after installing and booting the new kernel, and presto,
> it works again. Magic, eh?

I tried that, neglecting the warning in Tyler Butler's guide.  I re-ran
the nvidia driver install from runlevel 3 and it was a no go.  Starting X
resulted in nill :(

I didn't go that far into it at the time however, b/c at the time apt only
had .11 so I went ahead and did a manual compile for .12 using the
standard redhat kernel.

Ben