[mythtv-users] Re:Adding a second satellite/cable box

Joe Buehl jbuehl0001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 12:44:02 EST 2003

When I got my RCA DirecTV box I had an RJ-11 to DB-9
adapter cable lying around that I connected to my Tivo
and it instantly worked.  I would guess that it's
sending the same codes that it sends over IR, so
probably there is no need to do anything different in
software when using MythTV and lirc.

Prior to dumping cable and moving to satellite, I was
able to control my DCT-2000 cable box the same way.