[mythtv-users] Re:inexpensive frontend?

audin at okb-1.org audin at okb-1.org
Mon Nov 17 16:22:05 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:07:27PM -0600, Aran Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:40:26AM -0800, Romel Llarena wrote:
> > What about an Xbox? The latest rumour is that a new
> > one will hit $99.
>
> I can't find any confirmation that this is going to be the case...
> but an Xbox does make a decent frontend.  I use one and other than
> the fact that I think the fan is absurdly loud, it's great.
>
> I think if it does go that low, I would be hard pressed to justify
> purchasing a pundit for myself this Christmas.  I especially
> like the idea of buying something that MS makes little or no money on
> per unit, and then not buying any games or accessories. :)

	Does anyone know if an xbox is powerful enough/well supported enough
to play back HDTV content?  I have a pcHDTV on order but I fear my dual Athlon
MP2200+ with Radeon 7000 video isn't going to cut it for playback.  I'm not
terribly interested in supporting NVidia's binary-only drivers.

                                            Audin Malmin - audin at okb-1.org

The tiny sounds of ancient bees resound forth from the forrested
coercions between your toes.