[mythtv-users] inexpensive frontend?

John McEntee john at mcentee87.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 17:37:19 EST 2003

> I'd like to put together a couple frontends for 2 rooms in my house as
> inexpensively as possible.
> What I'm hoping for is to put a frontend on a 400-500Mhz box with
> 128MB of RAM, a NIC and some sort of tv-out (preferably built-in) at a
> low-cost (under $150).  Should this be anough horsepower for a
> frontend-only box?

Have you looked into the mini-itx boards a ME 6000  will be enough for
mythtv and silent where as a M 10000 will play any DivX you can through
at it. Look at www.mini-itx.com you can also use the www.linpvr.org
(plug) distribution so you don't even need a hard disk.  The whole
set-up (board, case and memory) will cost about $200 (I think but I live
in the UK) and can be completely fanless.

John