[mythtv-users] Anyone using xine or ogle with Mythtv?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 10:45:42 EST 2003

Now that I have my MythTV box running, I started
playing around with the different options. Realized
that MythDVD doesn't support DVD menues.

After doing a search on the list, it appears my
options are either xine or ogle.

>From what I've read, xine is something of a hack to
work Myth and DVD menus, which leaves ogle. One of the
posts that I read is that while ogle supports menus,
the poster wasn't sure if it supported some DVD
playback options such as FF or skip.

Anyhow, has anyone gotten ogle to work to their
satisfaction? If so, could you please post
instructions on how you got it running on your box. I
imagine it's a matter of pulling the install down and
modifying the player settings from mplayer to ogle.
I'm sure there is LOTs of detail that I have missed or
would have missed if I performed this install solo.

Thanks!