[mythtv-users] LCD Character Display / LCDproc

mythtv at hearlefamily.com mythtv at hearlefamily.com
Tue Nov 18 10:42:40 EST 2003

Hello,
I'm currently using MythTV and love it. I'm just about to upgrade from 0.11 to
0.12 and noticed this on the main mythtv.org page:

"The LCD character display support was greatly improved by Dan Morphis."

Is this LCDproc support? I've got a parallel port LCD module that functions
with LCDproc, and it would be great to use this with MythTV. If "MythLCD" will
work with my LCD (thru LCDproc), how do I enable it? Is there a config file or
menu? Can I choose what information is displayed on the LCD? I poked around in
the MythTV files but I can't find much information.
If anyone knows how this works or is using an LCD with Myth themselves, I'd
really appreciate some info.

Thanks,
 ~ Drew Hearle