[mythtv-users] LCD Character Display / LCDproc

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Nov 18 12:34:22 EST 2003

mythtv at hearlefamily.com wrote:

>  Hello, I'm currently using MythTV and love it. I'm just about to
>  upgrade from 0.11 to 0.12 and noticed this on the main mythtv.org
>  page:
>
>  "The LCD character display support was greatly improved by Dan
>  Morphis."
That would be me :-)

>  Is this LCDproc support? I've got a parallel port LCD module that
Yes, myth will connect to LCDproc.  The initial support was written by thor.
>  functions with LCDproc, and it would be great to use this with
>  MythTV. If "MythLCD" will work with my LCD (thru LCDproc), how do I
MythLCD is nothing more than a test program.  The actual connection and
sending is handled by libmyth.
>  enable it? Is there a config file or menu? Can I choose what
mythtv/configure --enable-lcd (I believe)
>  information is displayed on the LCD? I poked around in the MythTV
>  files but I can't find much information. If anyone knows how this
>  works or is using an LCD with Myth themselves, I'd really appreciate
>  some info.
You also need to have LCDd running (of course) and add the following
into the settings table:
value:         data:                             host:
LCDHost  some_ip_or_localhost    name_of_your_myth_box
LCDPort   13666                           name_of_your_myth_box

-dan