[mythtv-users] transcoding defaults

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 14:04:40 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jason Hunt wrote:
> What resolution where you capturing your video at?  Also are you using a
> hardware encoding card?

I haven't changed the defaults... so 480x480 I think.  No hardware
encoding card (yet).

> I am have the same issues, and trying to gather as much information as
> possible on this transcoding issue as well.

Yep.  I read the docs but don't quite get it.  ie., when I select
"automatic transcoding" in a profile (say, the default profile), what does
it transcode it to?

> I'm however, trying to accomplish this task from the command line.  I just
> downloaded transcode from freshmeat, so hopefully I will yield some results
> soon.

You're at work too, huh? :)  I noticed I have a mythtranscode and a
/usr/bin/transcode.  Does mythtranscode use transcode or are they
compeltely unrelated?

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>