[mythtv-users] HDTV Playback (was Re:inexpensive frontend?)

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 19 16:02:21 EST 2003

Speaking of HDTV playback, what speed system would be able to playback
HDTV recordings in software? My P4 1.5GHz doesn't seem to cut it and I
was wondering what speeds am I looking at to get it going in software
(or if I'm doing something horribly wrong)?

Are all MPEG hardware decoder cards are capable of decoding HDTV at a
decent speed?

Cheers,
Kent