[mythtv-users] Anyone got a line on a used Cray2?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:03:04 EST 2003

>From: Torsten Schenkel <torsten.schenkel at web.de>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Anyone got a line on a used Cray2?
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:00:07 +0100
>
>On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 06:25, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > I guess I'm in an odd mood.  Anyone hear about the Japanese
> > coming up with UHDTV (ultra-high-def).  4000 lines. (true!)
> >
> > I figure I should start planning ahead.  Anyone know where I
> > can pick up a used Cray2 in good condition to use as a front-
> > end?
>
>What about a 10 R10000 SGI PowerChallenge? We have one of those to give
>away. (No joke)
>
>Torsten
>--
>Config files for PVR350 TV-Out:
>http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/ivtv-pvr-350-conf.tgz

Great Torsten!!  You should probably give it to Isaac, if we can get him
a UHDTV card to go in it.  Then we just need to port Myth to a Linux
on the SGI and change the bit rate parameters to accept values such as
32000 kbps (and up).

I'm going to order my Sony JumboTron right away! (well, after I knock
down the south wall of my den)

I'm psyched!!!!

;-)

-- Harry O.