[mythtv-users] Has anyone managed to get LIRC w/ Hauppauge PVR-250 remote working on 2.4.20-8 kernel?

rob.parkhill at shaw.ca rob.parkhill at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 20 03:52:41 EST 2003

Hi Folks:

Has anyone managed to get LIRC w/ Hauppauge PVR-250 remote working on 2.4.20-8 kernel?

All of the information I can find seems to indicate that to get the PVR-250 remote to work with LIRC, I need i2c version 2.8.0, but that version only seems to work with 2.4.21+ kernels (and even then, you need to patch the kernel to get it to work.)

The reason I want to stick with 2.4.20-8 is so I can use the VIA CLE266 drivers for RedHat 9. They are working quite nicely, and I don't think I will be able to get them to run on a different kernel.

I've checked on the LIRC mailing list, and there seems to be no action over there, so I thought I would ask here since I have spotted a few people on the list with the same hardware setup as me.

Any pointers are appreciated.

(BTW, the PVR-250/M10000 combo is pretty sweet once the CLE266 drivers are installed... 0.5% CPU usage when capturing, about 60% usage when playing a 720x480 8Mbit MPEG-2.)

later...
         Rob