[mythtv-users] prblems getting off the ground with an ir blaster

Donald A. Cook DCook at t-online.de
Thu Nov 20 15:51:30 EST 2003

I am trying to install an ir blaster with out a lot of success. I
believe that I have followed the directions in the documentation (8.7)
to the letter.  But I get no input when I run irw.

I also do not get any raw input when I run mode2 and press keys on the
remote.  Interesting enough I do get a little raw input when I cable and
uncable the ir baster while mode2 is running.

Following is my configuration.  Any trouble shooting ideas would be
appreciated.

donald

dmesg:
ttyS0 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

lirc_sir: I/O port 0x03f8, IRQ 4.
enable_irq(4) unbalanced from d0937a13
lirc_sir: Installed.

# ls -l /dev/lirc*
crw-r--r--    1 root     root      61,   0 Nov 15 12:30 /dev/lirc
srw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Nov 20 15:22 /dev/lircd
prw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Nov 15 12:30 /dev/lircm

/etc/modules.conf
alias char-major-61 lirc_sir

/etc/rc.local
echo "Starting lircd"
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none        # (if required)
modprobe lirc_sir
/usr/local/sbin/lircd