[mythtv-users] OT: nForce2, USB KB, and GRUB

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 21 23:48:44 EST 2003

On Nov 21, 2003, at 17:05, Mark Dobossy wrote:

> I know this is a bit off topic, but seeing as many of you use an
> nForce2 motherboard, I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.  I have an Abit
> NF7-S 2.0 motherboard, brand new, and I am finding that neither GRUB
> nor lilo will work with a USB keyboard.  USB works fine in the BIOS,
> as well as when the system starts up, but GRUB and lilo (RH and
> Mandrake) both refuse to take any kind of input from it.  When I plug
> in a PS/2 keyboard, GRUB works just fine.  What gives?

Look in the BIOS for something like "Legacy USB Support" or "USB
Keyboard Support". Whatever its at, try toggling it to the other value.
I can't recall if enabled or disabled makes it play nice w/GRUB...
Probably varies from board to board also.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...