[mythtv-users] Can't change channels--going crazy [SOLVED]

Paul McDermott paul at tintagel.free-online.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 11:23:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 19:55, Paul McDermott wrote:
> I can't change channels, not will Mythtv change to the right channel
> when recording.

I've now solved this problem. I did this by manually typing in the
channel frequency numbers into the freqid field of the codecparams table
(as suggested in a discussion elsewhere on this list).

eg BBC1 is really channel 26 in the UK, so I typed 26 in the freqid
field

I got the numbers from my working .xawtv file.

My question now is: What part of the setup process is supposed to do
this step for me?

I still get an error message

ioctl VIDIOC_G_FMT: Invalid argument

but channel chaging now works, so I'm no so worried.