[mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question

Nelson Butterworth red_five at charter.net
Mon Nov 24 19:05:39 EST 2003

I just recently got my RCA RCU-810 remote working with MythTV. It too is
a JP1 remote, but I was able to use a built-in code. I may try to add 3
new codes so that the PIP, Swap, and Enter buttons work, but everything
else works just fine. I just had to create a new lircd.conf file, create
a key mapping for Myth, and it was all set.

The remote code is a Phillips/Magnavox VCR device. On most JP1 remotes,
it will be device code 0081. The RCU-810 has an offset of 17, so that
gets added to the base device code for a final code of 0098. I don't
know if the RS 15-2114 has such an offset, but just look in the code
listing for maybe the 4th Magnavox/Sylvania or 2nd Philips code, and you
should be set. BTW, according to www.hifi-remotes.com, the 15-2114 is a
4-in-1, not a 6-in-1, and may not have the same device code number
pattern as the other One-For-All-based remotes.

At any rate, if you like, I can send you the lircd.conf and .lircrc
files I have generated. They work beautifully. I even had to tweak some
of the frequency and pulse width timing info, but it works, and has a
longer range than the grey thing.

Nelson Butterworth