[mythtv-users] Cool ATX cases

A. Barr abarr8711 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 22:45:10 EST 2003

I bought the Overture case a few monthes ago.  My setup is an AMD 2500,
Asus A7N8x motherboard, 512MB, Chaintech 64MB AGP
GeForce 4 MX 440 w/S-Video out, Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 (w/the grey
remote).

Drawbacks, It does seem to run a little hot.  The PSU and case fan are
noisier then I expected (although this was my first attempt at creating
a quiet PC).  Last the Zalman CNPS 7000a-alcu CPU fan would not fit in
the case because the CPU socket was too close to the hard drive mouting
location.  I ended up with a ThermalRight SLK-800A and panaflo fan.

If I was going to build another system, I would get a micro-atx
motherboard and the CoolMaster ATC 620 case with a quieter PSU.