[mythtv-users] Re: zap2it problems

Peter Arzamendi parzamendi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 25 09:29:20 EST 2003

I'm having the same problem.

checking provider information for postal/zip code 53704, be patient..
zap2it gave us a page with no service provider options
check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
(LWP::UserAgent version is libwww-perl/5.75)

I have XMLTV 0.5.21. It was working fine until last Wednesday.
I also have perl 5.8.1 could this be the problem?

thanks,
Pete

Drew Bernat <abernat at zathras.net> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Keith Gross wrote:

> I had a very similar problem. Mine I think was caused by hand patching the
> previously installed version of XMLTV. I unmerged the all versions of XMLTV
> went in and cleared some files that didn;t get removed and then emerged the
> new version. You might want to get a list of files that are part of the XMLTV
> install prior to the unmerge so you know were to look for the leftovers.

Thanks :) Figured it out from what you said...

Gentoo installs xmltv under vendor_perl. I had previously installed a copy
under site_perl as well.

Sigh...

Drew

--