[mythtv-users] OT: Anybody create CVDs on Linux?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 12:30:58 EST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 17:49, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > (1) When you've transcoded Div/MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 1/2 D1, how did you
> > do it (i.e., mpeg2enc?  transcode? what options? and what options
> > for mplex/tcmplex ?)
>
> nuvexport - that's why I wrote it.  uses mpeg2enc (so does transcode,
> for that matter).
>
> If you want to see what commands it uses, run it with --debug

Yes, exactly.  I use nuvexport all the time, but I didn't know if CVD
required different options passed to mpeg2enc and mplex/tcmplex.

> http://forevermore.net/myth  (I really need to make a real homepage
> for it - maybe I'll do that tonight)
>
> If someone gives me the CVD encoding settings, it should be pretty
> easy to write up a CVD plugin for nuvexport.

Fabulous!  If I get a decent command working, I'll send it to you.  I
also have a change in my copy that eliminates the use of mp2enc for
SVCD audio transcoding and just uses ffmpeg to do the sound
transcoding.  Now the question is, toolame was preferred over mp2enc,
but now which would be the preferred encoder -- toolame or ffmpeg?

Oh, I also changed the toolame command to insert a call to sox for
resampling.  Probably want to make the output sample rate a user-input
parameter and put some logic in there -- no need to resample if in/out
rates are the same.  ffmpeg can resample on its own, which is why I
tried using it in the first place.

I've attached my version for you to compare; it could probably use to be
cleaned up a bit.  It's just a quick hack, really, but it's been
working for me for a while.

-JAC