[mythtv-users] Cool ATX cases

audin at okb-1.org audin at okb-1.org
Tue Nov 25 14:00:15 EST 2003

	My current mythtv box (+web, mail, file server) is in an Antec Sonata.
I'm quite pleased with it.  The 120mm case fan is very quiet (and I have it
running flat-out, not plugged into the variable speed fan supply leads).  The
sideways-mounted hard drive trays are nice to work with, though the short ide
cables I bought for them are too short.  :( I haven't noticed a huge impact on
seek time due to the rubber hard drive mounts, though I would prefer a
hard-mounting choice.

	The one worrying part is that the power supply runs rather hot.  Antec
seems to have slowed down the PS fan in an effort to keep it quiet, but I
suspect this will result in a pretty severely reduced lifespan.  Oh, and i
managed to break off the drive door on about the third day, grr.

	Oh, in the case is a dual Athlon 2200+ Tyan Tiger MPX, 4 drives (for
200GB raid-1 storage), and a dvd burner.  I'm going to have to add another
drive for the content now comming in through the pcHDTV card...