[mythtv-users] Snapstream IR200L transmitter

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Tue Nov 25 15:28:00 EST 2003

If you look closer it is, only it is renamed remote_sir

  5. Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local for auto-starting the daemon:

  Add to rc.local:

  echo "Starting remoted..."
  setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none
  /sbin/modprobe remote_sir
  /usr/local/sbin/remoted

 In any case, Im recompiling my kernel, so hopefully this will help me.
 Maybe I will try and get a remote working and thent he blaster.  That is
 what this howto is really for.  It just takes the lirc for a remote, and
 renames it all to work for the blaster.  But i will see how this kernel
 helps.
 The other link is still dead... hrmm it opens but nothing on the page.
 Jon

                      Robert W2
                      <rwraithr at cox.net>          To:       mythtv-users at mythtv.org
                      Sent by:                    cc:
                      mythtv-users-bounces        Subject:  Re: [mythtv-users] Snapstream IR200L transmitter
                      @mythtv.org

                      11/25/2003 01:43 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

Maybe you're looking at a different Howto.  Mine has no modprobe lirc_sir
in it.

I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but I've heard from a number of
success stories, so it might solve some of your problems.

Try this link again, it's not dead for me:

http://members.cox.net/rwraithr/