[mythtv-users] DCT2224

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Wed Nov 26 00:42:01 EST 2003

On 25 Nov 2003 at 20:30, Nick Breau wrote:

> Can someone tell me if a Generel Instruments DCT2224 digital cable box
> is the same as the motorola DCT2224 ?  I've got a Gen. Inst. DCT2224 for my
> shaw digital cable here in canada and want to find out how to enable and get
> the serial port hooked up for channel changing.

Yes it is, AFAIK, the box was made by GE originally, then bought out by
Motorola and rebranded.

As to using the Serial port with Shaw, they've told me pretty unequivacably
that they will not enable the serial port for users....

I'll be talking to a higher up person in Calgary this week to see if that can
be worked around....

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting