[mythtv-users] Failed recordings

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Wed Nov 26 12:21:57 EST 2003

> Date: 26 Nov 2003 07:51:55 -0500
> From: James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Failed recordings
> To: MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> I had a recording set to run last night and when I went to look at it
> this morning I couldn't watch it. It shows up under Select a recording
> to view, but there's no preview and I can't select it.
>
> I looked at mythweb and the recording file is 0 Bytes. Here's what I
> have in the messages log. A show on the 24th also did not get recorded,
> but it isn't even listed in recorded programs.
>
> By the log I assume this is an ivtv problem...is that correct? Any
> ideas? Any other logs I should look at?
>
> I'm running MythTV CVS with ivtv drivers decoder-alpha-031116C.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> Nov 25 21:59:09 mythtv last message repeated 11 times
> Nov 25 22:00:12 mythtv last message repeated 21 times

Its a known ivtv issue - the ivtv web page (ivtv.sourceforge.net) states
automatic firmware reset will be in the next version. In the mean time
you need to rmmod/insmod saa7115 to reset it, in my experience. Can';t
hurt to do the whole lot though.

Axboes drivers (link also at the ivtv page) are on 031125 now last time
I looked. You might find a newer version of the drivers & the latest
firmware from Hauppage would help.

Matt