[mythtv-users] ati wonder ve sound problem

Donald A. Cook DCook at t-online.de
Thu Nov 27 14:17:42 EST 2003

I am trying to trouble shoot a sound problem remotely at my son's house.

We are using an ati wonder ve video capture card and have no problems
getting video capture with myth live tv.  The problem is that we get no
sound out of the audio output jack on the video capture card.  Even when
we plug head phones directly into the sound output jack.

I can think of only three possible reasons for this:

1.	My software driver setup is faulty causing a problem with sound
going out of the sound output jack.
2.	Sound output jack requires a special jack that is incompatible
with the jack on headphones.
3.	The card is defective.

Would someone please give me some trouble shooting ideas.

thank you
donald