[mythtv-users] Video coming out on composite0 not television output

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Nov 27 18:42:48 EST 2003

At 05:58 PM 11/27/2003 -0500, mythtv wrote:
>Anyone??
>
>mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com wrote:
>
> >  Why would this happen? I am using tv- time to debug this and I get 1
> channel(whatever channel I select on televesion) and it only can be seen
> on composite0 output. How can I get the video to come out on television output?

Since you seem not to have seen Adam's reply your prior message got (are
you subscribed to and reading the list? I assume you are not so
discourteous that you would post this followup while *deliberately*
ignoring a response that requests additional information), I'm cc'ing you
as well as replying to the list.

As Adam said in his reply, you need to describe your setup in considerably
more detail than you have done. For example ...

What device are you using that has "composite0" and "television" *outputs*
-- these are usually the names of *inputs* on vidcap cards?

What is your video source (external to the Myth host)? Are you connecting
to analog cable, a digital cable box, the composite output of a VCR ot TV,
or something else?

What vidcap hardware (what card, probably) are you using in the Myth host?

What display (video card and, if not a VGA monitor, actual display device)
are you using? What X driver does it use?

What are you actually doing? (And remember that this is a Myth list, not a
tv-time list, so don't assome eveyone here knows what the UI to tv-time
looks like.)

Since you are seeing this problem with tv-time, not Myth (or not just
Myth), it obviously isn't a Myth problem as such. That doesn't mean you
can't get help here, but it does mean that you need to take the time to
describe things in detail to get useful help.