[mythtv-users] Feelin' lucky

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 00:41:51 EST 2003

Well I got a quick response to my last post so,
always being one to push my luck (to the breaking
point)...

I cannot ever remember seeing a discussion on
this list of UPSes.  It seems a natural topic.  I have
my Myth box and I want to keep it up and running
24/7, so I need a UPS.

What is everyone out there using?  I think software
is probably more important than hardware (though
the UPS software will probably restrict hardware
choices).

I have been in contact with the NUT project and,
although the progress seems slow, they have made
good progress.  The apcupsd project also seems to
have done some good work.  Any recommendations?
Anyone want to address possible pitfalls?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-- Harry O.