[mythtv-users] No TV on monitor with Matrox Marvel G400 TV

alex d alexd912 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 01:53:14 EST 2003

HI there,

I have installed Mythtv-suite via "yum install mythtv-suite". I have
installed latests matrox drivers and powerdesk from Matrox and the
mgadrivers 0.1.1 from http://marvel.sourceforge.net
Now I can get the tv to work if I run xawtv but if I try using Watch TV with
Mythtv I get a black screen and the Hard Drive starting going into
overdrive.

When I lsmod I get tuner and the mga modules displayed but I dont get bttv.
Now I have read from some documentation that bttv should be shown, but I
recall reading somewhere else that as long as tuner is loaded then thats OK.

Anyhelp for a newbie would be appreciated.

My system is:

Shuttle SN45G
Athlon 2400+
Fedora Core