[mythtv-users] Advice Needed for Gentoo

Harlan harlanb at emsmail.net
Fri Nov 28 13:59:12 EST 2003

Hi Adam,
  Well, I finally got recording with audio working again!!!!!!  :-)

  What I did:
	1.  I switched to gaming sources with gentoo (r3).
	2.  emerged alsa-driver (need to do this after every kernel change anyways).
	3.  I needed to adjust (lower) the line input levels to reduce "noise".

  I still have a few concerns / problems:
	I found that the resulting file using RTjpeg gave me an 11 GIGABYTE file.  I
changed that to MPEG-4 which resulted in a 6 GIGABYTE file.  Both of these
were able to be watched and heard.  Oh yeah, it was a 30 MINUTE show!!!  Any
ideas on reducing the size???

Thanks for the suggestion....

Harlan...