[mythtv-users] Re:Anyone get Microsoft(bad word I know) Accessworking on the mysql database?

David Vasquez vasqued2 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 11:38:34 EST 2003

Sounds like you haven't granted access for your
Windows box to access the MySQL database.  See the
section 'Modifying access to the MySQL database for
multiple systems' in the 'How To' documentation to
grant permissions at whatever level you want/need.

In W2K, I was then be able to test the ODBC connection
from my Windows box.  I have no idea if you can test
the connection w/ other versions.  If you still have
problems, check your firewall.

Assuming that's a success, go into Access and set up a
connection to the external database.  In Access 2000,
I created a new, blank database, then did File->Get
External Data->Link Tables.

This brought up a dialog box where I set Type of File
to ODBC and the selected the ODBC source for the Myth
database.

David