[mythtv-users] Why MPEG4 and not MPEG2?

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Sat Nov 29 16:37:26 EST 2003

Thanks for all the feedback.

What does everyone here do as far as saving the files. Do you save in .nuv then
encode o do you let mythtv go to mpeg4(Which I still cant figure out why mine is
not saving as mpeg4), and then re-encode that?

Just looking for general insight into everyones dealings.

Also I plan on using the free XBOX mediaplayer to access the mpeg movies off my
Linux and play on my TV without and ftp'ing/burning. It runs right off my
newtwork using samba as the access program. Has anyone done this? I am curious
to see the quality I will get on my tv.

Bruce