[mythtv-users] Choppy video until paused

paulsykes at totalise.co.uk paulsykes at totalise.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 10:24:01 EST 2003

Hi,

When watching live tv the video picture stutters (jitters, choppy).  If I pause
live TV and then un-pause immediately the stuttering stops.  When I change
channel the stuttering returns, if I pause live tv the stuttering stops again.
I've had this problem ever since I started using myth (V0.11) and was hoping that
it would be cleared up in future builds,  but now it seems as if it's just me
with the problem!

I've read lots of posts in the mail archive but can't find any solutions.

Setup:-

latest CVS of myth and ivtv (30-Nov-03)
Mobo: Abit BD7-II
Proceessor: pentium4 2.26GHz
PVR-350
DMA enabled on drive live tv buffering to LVM partition
Redhat and KDE
Kernel ATrpms 2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at (video4linux and i2c patched)

Any ideas please?

thanks,
Paul.

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/