[mythtv-users] MythDVD - low volume, lirc lost after playing DVD, can't rip

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Sun Nov 30 17:26:38 EST 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 13:37, Alan Snyder wrote:
> Just installed mythdvd and have three problems:
>
> 1) The volume is very low during DVD playback.  Do I need to pass
> options to mplayer?

	Probably. You can adjust the mplayer volume with 0 and 9. You can also
create an mplayer rc file to use myth style key bindings.

2) After exiting the DVD, mythfrontend no longer
> receives remote events (using irxevent, not myth's built-in lirc).
> The keyboard still works, and exiting and re-starting mythfrontend
> restores remote function.  (With mythvideo, I lose keyboard control
> and have to kill mplayer from another terminal).

	Change your window manager's focus policy or use a different window
manager.

3) When I select Rip
> DVD, I get a message stating it can't connect to myth's transcoding
> daemon.  Do I need to enable auto-transcoding in setup?  I don't want
> my normal recordings to be transcoded.

	Nopy, different thing entirely. Just hit a number to start it.

- thor