[mythtv-users] MythMusic, how can I play music off a CD?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:49:55 EST 2003

I'm trying to figure out how I can get MythMusic to list music off of my cdrom drive but just when I want to. This is because I have a hard drive full of mp3's and I want to be able to just tell it to play/list music off of my cdrom drive. I noticed under MythMusic - select music there is a shaded out CDROM item on the list where you can select things to play. I've gone into MythMusic's settings and set the cdrom field to /dev/hdd (by using the arrow keys) and that is where I have it mounted, so I don't understand how this works. Would this be the best way to play music off of the cdrom, and if so why is it shaded out? I'm using a cvs from around .12's release.