[mythtv-users] 5th Time asked...Someone please take 2 minutesto answer.

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Sun Nov 30 22:57:44 EST 2003

Thanks Chris,

I guess I am a bit lost on what myth does as it records. Does it encode as it records?
Is that why my AMD XP2000 is at 75% Usage while recording a program? If it is encoding
as it records, then why do I see a mythtranscode after the program recording completes?
Is it a 2 pass methodology? Before playing with my settings for encoding, a 30 minute
recording was taking 2.2 GB of disk space. Is this raw unencoded data? I would assume,
but i want to be 100% clear going forward.
How can I play the .nuv containing .mpeg4 in my windows PC? Do I have to rip off the nuv
wrapper?

I am very excited about this awesome program and I want to know as much as possible, so
please excuse the ignorance.

thanks,

Bruce