[mythtv-users] Requesting help w/DirecTV wiring to PVR-250

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 23:04:47 EST 2003

After a week of using the tuner on my PVR-250, I
decided to take the next step of connecting my RCA
DRD420RE DirecTV receiver to my Myth box.

I've run mythtvsetup, cleared the tuner and channel
settings. Next MPEG: /dev/video0 for Capture Cards,
DirecTV for Video Sources, and [MPEG:
/dev/video0](S-Video 0) -> DirecTV for Input
connections. BTW, I've also tried Composite 0.

Anyhow, when I run Mythfrontend, Watch TV, all I get
is static or broadcast channels. I'm getting nothing
from my S-Video or Composite feeds.

Any suggestions? Also, is anyone running a serial
controller from their Myth box to their receiver using
USB? I just realized that the motherboard I selected
does not have any built in dedicated serial
connections.

Thanks!