[mythtv-users] really strange remote control problem

miller44 at optonline.net miller44 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 2 10:22:34 EDT 2003

i had been having some other mythtv problems but i got them working, for a brief time i had everything working perfectly, then i decided i wanted to change 2 of the buttons on the remote, no big deal i thought, opened lircrc.example, changed it, saved it, did this cp lircrc.example ~/.lircrc then i went back into mythtv, it wasnt working, i thought maybe i need to reboot for the file to change or w/e, so i did, and now my remote isnt working at all, irw still shows the correct keys, and my lircrc.example file still appears correct, i run irxevent & then mythbackend then mythfrontend just like usual except nothing i press on the remote does anything in mythtv, this is one of the stranger problems ive seen thus far.  For reference, mythtv .11, lirc .6.6  Anyone have a clue as to what the problem could be??
     Thanks,
               Mike