[mythtv-users] possible error in msp3400.c

Dirk Aust dirk_aust at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 18:44:28 EDT 2003

I think I found a bug in msp3400.c, I found this during the examination why
audio disappears when using an ivtv device with mythtv.

After the initialisation of of the driver, the source matrix is set to 0x300,
when using "cat" for streaming it works.

But when calling the V4L2_CID_AUDIO_VOLUME ioctl just before recording even
for LiveTV, this value is set to 0 when only mono without any NICAM stuff is
used:

line 2010:	case VIDEO_SOUND_LANG1:
				src = 0x0000 | nicam;
				break;

I guess this is the cause for the disappearing of the audio in MythTV.

At the moment I don't have a patch for this, because I first have to read the
datasheet and the code more carfully.

Best Regards,
Dirk