[mythtv-users] PVR-250 worth the upgrade?

Nathan Poznick poznick at conwaycorp.net
Thu Oct 2 12:51:57 EDT 2003

Thus spake Ben Curtis:
> bad, I'm not too impressed with the AverMedia's capture abilities thus far
> (in a Windows environment, haven't moved it to the Linux box yet).  I'm
> pretty anal when it comes to video quality, so I want to do the best I
> can.

If you care about quality, then yes it is most definately worth the
upgrade.  I capture from my Freestyle (OEM version of the 250) at full
NTSC (720x480).  The quality is great (assuming my cable company doesn't
send a bum signal), and I can easily convert the MPEG2 to any other
format I wish, without needing to worry about exporting it first out of
the modified nuppelvideo format.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick at conwaycorp.net>

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." -- Albert
Einstein