[mythtv-users] constant flames against people that are new to the list - can't we all be adults here?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 2 12:59:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 04:01 US/Pacific, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Thursday 02 October 2003 10:17 am, Simon Kenyon wrote:
>> Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> There's a dearth of documentation out there that half the people
>>> asking questions don't bother to read fully
>>
>> \Dearth\, n. [OE. derthe, fr. dere. See {Dear}.] Scarcity which
>> renders
>> dear; want; lack; specifically, lack of food on account of failure of
>> crops; famine.
>>
>> LOL
>> well you got that right :-)
>
> I had to bite my tongue to keep from commenting on that, but since you
> 'went
> there'...
>
> Jarod, I think the word you were seeking is 'wealth'.  As to whether
> or not
> it's applicable to the docs, I can't comment... I haven't read them
> since my
> first install, almost a year ago (and mostly painless) :-)

Yes, 'dearth' is bass-ackwards of what I meant, and 'wealth' would be
more along the lines of what I intended. That's what I get for writing
emails in the dead of night when I should be sleeping... There's a
WEALTH of documentation out there that half the people asking questions
don't bother to read fully. There. :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE