[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Randy simpsonr at negia.net
Thu Oct 2 16:50:09 EDT 2003

Thanks to Shay and Jarod for suggestions that got me past ivtv dependency
errors.  Did some work last night and made some progress, got ivtv
installed, at least I think it is.
Got as far as this step in Jarods' guide:

    $  ll /dev/video0 and got back
    crw-------    1 mythtv   root       81,   0 Jan 30  2003 /dev/video0
    Seems OK to me, different date and root instead of sys owner but video0
seems to be the correct device name.

    Unfortunately the next step
    # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -u 0x3000
    Returns device not found video0.

    I looked in /dev and there is a video0 but there is also a video1.
    Also looked in /usr/lib/ivtv and there is an executable there called
    test_ioctl.

    No error messages up to this poing so not sure what is wrong.  Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.

Randy M. Simpson
Athens Computer Training, Inc.
186 Ben Burton Circle