[mythtv-users] Could mythweb be interfering with recordings....?

Ray Gaida rtgaida at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 16:39:00 EDT 2003

> Truncated meaning lost start or lost ending?   If mythweb causes
> mythbackend to crash, you might lose the beginning of your recording
> when the backend comes back up and attempts to continue recording.
>
> However, when I've seen mythweb crash the backend, I have to manually go
> in and restart the backend process - it doesn't just come back on its
> own.
>
> I doubt it would have anything to do with lack of sound.
>
> -Chris

How often does mythweb crash mythbackend for you?

It seems to crash for me when I do not use my mythbox for a few days, then
try to use mythweb. Looking at the logfile it does look like it is mythweb
crashing it since I get an "unknown socket" error. If I use the mythbox
before mythweb, ie, live TV, or recorded programs, it doesn't seem to crash.

Ray