[mythtv-users] Simple upgrading question (to CVS)

Neil Konouchi nk at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 3 03:11:30 EDT 2003

I did a lot of looking around, and I just wanted to ask a very simple
question: can I install CVS by following the instructions in Ian's post
about upgrading from .8 to CVS?

 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63326

I followed those instructions exactly, but on make I got several error
messages to the effect of:

 nuppeldecoder.h:85: syntax error before `*' token
 make[2]: *** [NuppelVideoPlayer.o] Error 1
 make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/myth/cvs/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
 make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/myth/cvs/mythtv/libs'
 make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

The errors are one thing, but my main question here is geared towards
finding out that if I follow the directions in the above link properly
that I should be able to run the latest CVS.

(My current setup followed Jarod C's step-by-step to the letter and is
working so far. Used "apt-get install mythtv-suite" for my initial
installation).

Thanks,

Neil K