[mythtv-users] ivtv Unresolved symbols problem with new installs ... a solution

Calvin Mah calvinm at telus.net
Sat Oct 4 12:35:20 EDT 2003

I've recently rebuilt the ivtv drivers for my PVR 250 card.

While doing so, I ran into some difficulties with unresolved
symbols getting the ivtv driver loaded.  I don't remember which
exact modules were affected, but following Jarod's step-by-step
guide required the following adjustment:

Download the ivtv drivers from CVS using these instructions:

** There was a change made by the lmsensors project that changed
the i2c subsystem.  Since ivtv relies on this, it created the
unresolved symbols during module loading problem.  Luckily, the
lmsensors/i2c folk were aware of this and created a patch for
ivtv here:

http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/devel/i2c/

I applied the patch and was able to then compile ivtv.

So for people who are following Jarod's guide, you'll have to
# apt-get install perl-Video

but not the rest of the ivtv package.

Calvin