[mythtv-users] Problem in finder with quotation marks

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Oct 4 22:55:38 EDT 2003

Hi,

just found a problem with the finder:

Finder makes frontend crash when there are duoble quotation marks in the
title.

MythProgFind: Error executing query! (selectShowData)
MythProgFind: QUERY = SELECT
subtitle,starttime,channel.channum,channel.callsign,description,endtime,channel.chanid FROM program,channel WHERE program.title = "Making of "Smallville: Als der Sturm kam ... "" AND program.chanid = channel.chanid AND program.starttime > 20031004214450 ORDER BY program.starttime;

The cause of the error is obvious. The quotation mark needs to be
escaped otherwise the quatation mark will close the argument to title
leaving the rest of the title as a seperate argument to mysql.

For now I search my xmltv file for quotation marks in the title and
remove them (still looking for the perfect regexp)

Torsten