[mythtv-users] disable skipping repeat recordings?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Oct 5 01:09:47 EDT 2003

> There is an option on the Advanced Recording Options Screen to=20
> enable recording of duplicates but it is a per-show setting.  I=20
> don't believe there is a global options for this though.

Also note that if you still have the original recording laying around
that Myth will not record the 2nd part even with the "record duplicates"
setting checked.  This is because the code will not record an episode
that you recorded already but haven't deleted yet.

If you want to catch the 2nd half of a show that has the same exact
title, subtitle, and description, AND you are running current CVS, then
you can setup the 2nd part to record as a SingleRecord (ie, record just
this episode) and it will bypass the duplicate check part of the code and
should record the 2nd part.

--

Chris