[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Hard Drive (How Big?)

Chad Sutton csutton at chadarius.com
Sun Oct 5 21:04:55 EDT 2003

I guess it depends on what you call "high-quality". I use Xvid or Divx to
compress most of my video. I'm very happy with what I would term VCR quality
videos (1.2kps at 320x480). That allows me to archive any 1 hour show on a
single CD-R.

If you are looking for CD quality Divx then you might want to go a bit
higher on the bitrate to handle higher resolutions.

120gb drives are a great price point right now. I'd go with that. Of course
you can always expand later.

Later,
Chad Sutton
csutton at chadarius.com