[mythtv-users] DVDs and CD-RW's for SVCDs

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Oct 7 11:07:52 EDT 2003

> My second question is, is it possible to burn SVCDs from the video
> captured by MythTV?  Is there a module that would take care of this from
> within Myth Frontend?  Thanks in advance.

Yes.  No.   If you have a pvr-x50 card, you can pretty much use any
windows svcd encoder to encode your files.  If you don't have one of
these, or if you want to edit out commercials, you can go download my
nuvexport script at:

http://forevermore.net/myth/

(I promise, I will eventually get this hooked up with cvs access and
some better links from the rest of my site)

Unfortunately, there's no module available for this yet, but I've tried
to make the interface pretty easy to deal with on the command line
(there are also a couple of submitted patches to make it even better,
but I haven't had any time to even look at them yet).  It's also
expandable so that if anyone ever gets adventurous it should be pretty
easy to add a gui (possibly even a myth gui, if there are decent QT
hooks in perl) to it.

-Chris