[mythtv-users] DVDs and CD-RW's for SVCDs

Tue Oct 7 19:26:29 EDT 2003

> > The nuvexport script can transcode to an SVCD-compliant MPEG-2 file (or DivX
> > or WMV).  You can then use other tools on any platform to create a burnable
> > SVCD image (my favorite on Linux is 'k3b').  Be aware of the following issue,
> > however:  it seems that the SVCD MPEG-2 encoding process likes to have the
> > audio source sampled at a certain rate (either 44100 or 48000 Hz; I forget
> > which).
>
> And I'm still working on this...  someone (you, maybe) suggested looking
> at sox for audio conversion, but I've been rather overworked lately and
> haven't had any time or desire to do any coding in my free time
> (sometimes, it's just too much to do it all day long).

Lots of DVD players, WILL actually play an SCVD with 48khz or 44.4khz audio.  Its not standard, but then neither is wma and a number will play those as well...  As a general rule it seems the cheaper the player the more it will do...  Try one and see if your player works I guess (however, for best compatibility re-code)

There is a lot of good (windows mainly) stuff at www.vcdhelp.com