[mythtv-users] DVDs and CD-RW's for SVCDs

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 14:43:50 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 05:09 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > The nuvexport script can transcode to an SVCD-compliant MPEG-2 file (or
DivX
> > or WMV).  You can then use other tools on any platform to create a
burnable
> > SVCD image (my favorite on Linux is 'k3b').  Be aware of the following
issue,
> > however:  it seems that the SVCD MPEG-2 encoding process likes to have the
> > audio source sampled at a certain rate (either 44100 or 48000 Hz; I forget
> > which).
>
> And I'm still working on this...  someone (you, maybe) suggested looking
> at sox for audio conversion, but I've been rather overworked lately and
> haven't had any time or desire to do any coding in my free time
> (sometimes, it's just too much to do it all day long).

Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I wish mpeg2enc wasn't so bloody slow, since it
makes it really hard to test, too.  My current thinking is that the best
option would be to hook up the resampled output ability of libavcodec in
mythtranscode, though hooking sox into the pipeline would be easier &
probably worth a try.  *Someday* I might even have time to look at the
code...

> > nuvexport is a command-line  (curses/terminal) Perl program; it is not
> > integrated into the Myth frontend, though maybe someone will tackle that
at
> > some point.
>
> not curses, just terminal.

Sorry, my mistake.