[mythtv-users] monitor and tv out with nvidia drivers

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 22:27:46 EDT 2003

> On Monday, Oct 6, 2003, at 02:41 US/Pacific, Andrew Ingram wrote:
>
> > Any chance you could email me your XF86Config? Just want to
> make sure
> > that I haven't left out anything obvious.
>
> You can find it here:
>
>http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250#video

>> The people I have spoken to
>> (who can't get it working either) are all using either Debian or
>> Gentoo.

>Haven't tried with either of them, but the above works just fine on Red

>Hat. One other possibility is to try a different version of the nvidia
>driver. Not sure if it actually applies in your case, but some things
>seem to have been broken in recent versions. I've stuck with 1.0-4363
>to date.

Jarod,

many thanks for replying. I have looked at your web page (very good it
is too!) and have copied your XF86Config. And it works :) I was
previously trying to set up the TV-out so that it was a second screen.
The nvidia docs seem to hint that this is possible, but I have problems
as I've said. Setting it up your way works beautifully.

I do however have two questions about it. I changed the
"TwinViewOrientation" to be "RightOf" since I want the monitor screen to
be used as a "normal" Linux machine whilst all the Myth stuff happens on
the TV. This worked fine, but I realised that as a consequence of how
the XFree86Cfg-4 is set up, the monitor is locked at the same resolution
as the tv. Is it possible to make the monitor have an independent
resolution?

Also, I cannot make Mythfrontend appear on the tv side, it always opens
up on the monitor side (at least it isn't trying to stretch across both
screens!). Do you know how I can make the frontend only appear on the tv
side? I tried exporting the DISPLAY as :0.1 and :1 but it didn't work.

Regards,
Andrew