[mythtv-users] ivtv (PVR250) volume problems, using cvs mythtv

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Tue Oct 7 15:45:18 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Recently got mythtv setup and working, and have been quite impressed
with the work done so far!

Only one issue remains, live tv is at a very low volume. I've maxed out
all the volume settings within mythtv and it helps, but is still very
low.

Doing a ./test_ioctl -a I see that the volume setting for my PVR250 was
set to 52400. I manually bumped it up to the full 65535 using
./test_ioctl --set-ctl=volume=65535.  This increased the volume to a
good level.

However, when I leave live tv and go back the volume setting gets reset
to 52400.

Restarting mythfrontend and mythbackend have no affect on the
parameter, only clicking watch tv results in the setting getting reset.

Has anyone found a way to get ./test_ioctl --set-ctl=volume=65535 to
stick? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

System Details:
PVR250
MythTV CVS (downloaded 10/3/2003)
Red Hat 9.0